Monday, August 8, 2011

camp out

So this past weekend of COLLEGE LIFE I went with a group in my ward to Coyote Gulch. It was super fun and everything was just really great. Here are a few highlights of the trip.
~Almost ran out of gas on our way there but we made it to the gas station with less than a miles worth left.
~A car in our group's tire was destroyed on the dirt road over so everyone had to pile in two cars.
~We couldn't get past the thick sand in the road so instead just set up camp on the side of the road.
~Roasted hot dogs and smores before falling asleep.
~There were so many stars in the sky and I was able to see my first shooting star. I ended up seeing 11 in total in just that one night.
~I only got a total of nine hours of sleep the entire weekend.
~My roommate and I were able to have the best breakfast out of anyone: eggs and oatmeal and apples.
~The nature around us was super pretty.
~I got to jump around on this rock face as we hiked to the tip of the Gulch.
~We went down the huge rock wall by using a little crack in the wall.
~There was a stream of water down there so everyone just took off their shoes and socks and walked along that for most of the time.
~It was nice and shady during most of the 11 hour hike.
~We were able to play around in the waterfalls and look at the arches.
~Lunch and snacks were delicious.
~We rock climbed up roughly a 250 ft moutain and I completely loved it.
~There was a lot of sun up along the top of the gulch and we were running low on water but some boys in our group ran ahead and were able to bring the cars closer.
~Despite what we felt like, we were all able to make it to the cars.
~Cold beverages never tasted so good.
~Goofy movie sing along on our way back.
~At a wendy's we ended up getting cold food and eating it outside in the cold with sprinklers going on around us. Needless to say, we left rather quickly.
~We were able to make it home safely and enjoy the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment