Thursday, January 5, 2012

since my last post

With the craziness of COLLEGE LIFE I haven't been keeping up on my posts very well. I guess a gas leak kind of takes up all your attention, wierd how that happens. But I figured I would make a list of all the crazy and yet fun things that I have been up to or done lately.
~ I started dating this amazing guy, this was a few months ago so sorry that you are the last to know. We have been dating for four months and it has been great. We met during Sunday FHE and eventually just became really mean to each other. He says it was because he was flirting but I'm still convinced that he really didn't like me or thought I was a bit crazy, which I admit to the latter. But yeah, there's that.
~ I also finished my third semester of college. It was a pretty crazy one but very well worth it. I absolutely loved my classes and can still remember quite a lot from them, usually I just forget about most of the stuff I learned after I walk out of the testing center. And thankfully my grades show how much effort and interest I put in them with A's and B's, so that's always nice.
~ My roommate decided to go on a mission and has since left for home. I am really excited for her and yet will miss her. It has been really fun getting to know her and I'm thankful for her example and great attitude about everything and anything. I'm confident that she will be a great missionary and that we will still be friends when she returns with honor.
~ I celebrated Christmas with my family and that is always a lot of fun. It is so great having such an amazing family and most of them are so close. So that is just great. I have really enjoyed being able to see my family, I am a very spoiled college student because of that. I couldn't imagine if I lived far from them, even though I am sure that one day I will.
~ I also met my boyfriends family, yes I guess you could say we are at "that level". They are so super nice. I could really tell where he learned his manners and constant kindness. We went bowling and to the movies and played games and just had a lot of fun getting to get to know one another. So that was great.
~ On the downside, I got my wisdom teeth out, which is never a fun thing to say the least. All I remember about the surgery, if you can really call it that, is that I was crying. Because of the medicine that they gave me I don't remember a lot about it, which I think is really good because I don't really want to remember. However, the medicine did leave me a little wierd, when my mom had taken the same medicine years ago she had started to hallucinate and it got so bad that she had to switch prescriptions, and I do remember seeing two of everything on the car ride home and can't say that I remember anything else about the whole experience. Even when I woke up from my nap I had to ask my mom if they had taken out my wisdom teeth. Later that day I passed out on my way back from the bathroom and had to be carried back to the couch where I spent the rest of my holiday break. Needless to say I didn't really go anywhere during that time. My left cheek also swelled up the size of a baseball, no exaggeration there, and it was pretty painful. Thankfully, my swelling has gone down a very dramatic amount and my cheeks almost look normal. I do have to continue to take medicine because of the pain and my fatigue but it is much better than before.
~ And now I am just trying to get into the swing of things again. I have a whole new schedule to get used to, both with work and school, and hopefully I will be able to make my way through this semester and learn a lot while I am doing so. So here's to a new start!

No comments:

Post a Comment