Thursday, March 29, 2012

my fourth semester blur

So I really have been bad at blogging as of late. This really doesn't do this semester justice because it really has been amazing beyond all belief but crazy as well. Here are some notes about it, sorry this really is becoming a habit:
~ First and for most, I'M ENGAGED!!! Tanner is his name, and it really has been amazing. He is such a great guy and is so caring to me, really really really, and to those around him. He's a great example of what I strive to become. We got engaged on January 19 (2012) and its been pretty busy since with school, work, and especially with planning a wedding. Who knew it would be so stressful to plan just one day? But we have been slowly chipping away at the huge iceberg. We have taken our engagements, our bridals/groomals (I don't really know what to call it when we both go), have registered, and have a place to live. The date was determined even before we were engaged (my parents say that we were engaged already but we were the only ones who didn't know), the colors are set, the reception place is finalized, the cake is ordered, and most importantly the Temple is scheduled. We do still have a lot to do (like outfits for the bridemaids and groomsmen, flowers, centerpieces, etc) but we are slowly but steadily working on it. I'm not going to lie; it has been pretty stressful and really hard at points but I'm hoping that we can just get everything done before I have to start my finals.
~ Speaking of school, I've really been slacking this semester. Things have just been so busy. Whenever I get back from the day I am usually exhausted with work or school (I usually am gone from 8/9am to 5pm everyday). So I just want to rest, but I can't because I have this crazy thing called homework. And then on Saturdays I don't get a rest but instead have to go shopping more. Let's just say that there has been more time and effort in finding these bridesmaid outfits than my wedding dress. But I have less than three weeks of school so that will be nice to just get over with. I'm not going to lie, I have no idea what my grades are going to be but at this point I will just take it and enjoy spring!
Well, anyways, there's my semester in a nutshell. It has been crazy busy and stressful but I think it is during those kinds of times that I learn the most. Tanner has been amazing during all of it. Despite the fact that I worry like no one's business and that I stress over things way too much, he has been there for me through it all. I'm so excited to be married to him, my best friend and love for forever and always. And that's what's keeping me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment